Will she or won’t she? That is the big question in royal circles. People are wondering if Prince Harry’s beloved Meghan Markle will give birth at the Lindo Wing like her predecessor Kate Milddleton or if she will forgo the first baby photos in favor of something more private. There are circulating rumors that St. Mary’s Hospital is preparing for Meghan’s maternity moment. In the meantime, here’s what we do know about the next royal baby.
Here are 14 Facts about the Sussex Baby You Should Know:
1. Kensington Palace revealed Meghan is due in the Spring.
2. Meghan herself revealed she was due at the end of April or early May on a walkabout with Prince Harry.
3. Meghan likely conceived around July 2018 which is approximately two months after the royal wedding and around the time of Harry and Meghan’s public PDA in Windsor.
4. The new royal could be born on Prince Louis’ birthday on April 23rd or the Queen’s birthday on April 21st. If the baby is born in May, there’s a high likelihood the tyke could share birthday cake with Princess Charlotte who was born on May 2nd.
5. The royal nursery likely cost in the neighborhood of $200,000 and was paid for by Meghan herself according to sources.
6. The nursery color scheme is likely to be neutral no matter if the babe is a boy or girl. Grays, muted tones and soft white shades are likely to fill the space.
7. Here’s another photo of what the nursery design scheme might look like.
8. If the baby is a boy, his official royal title will be the Earl of Dumbarton and if the baby is a girl her title will be Lady Mountbatten-Windsor.
9. Meghan has worn approximately 75 maternity outfits during her pregnancy.
10. Who will the godparents be? Meghan is likely to select a friend from her squad to have the honors and top contenders include Jessica Mulroney, Markus Anderson, Benita Litt, Lindsay Roth and Amal Clooney. Harry may opt for an old mate or friend to be the godparent including: Tom Inskip or mentor Mark Dyer. Since Harry was just appointed godparent of Zara Tindall’s daughter–it’s possible Zara and Mike Tindall will be the godparent to their child.
11. Who will the nanny be? Meghan and Harry are enlisting the help of Doria Ragland and may hire a bilingual nanny
12. Meghan’s babe will live in a non-toxic world and Meghan has natural paint and homemade organic baby food in mind for the newest addition to the fam.
13. Meghan will hire a doula and may have opted for hyno birth coaching sessions
14. How can you send a congratulations to Harry and Meghan after the birth of the baby?
THR Duke & Duchess of Sussex